Born in Denmark, Thorbjorn Olesen has competed on Australian soil in recent years. Winner of the PGA Tour of Australasia event the ISPS Handa Perth International and the World Cup of Golf in Melbourne along side countrymen Soren Kjeldson. Thorbjorn has finished in the top 10 at both the Open Championship in 2012 and at The Masters in 2013 were he stormed home from a disappointing first round at Augusta. Olesen has yet to win on the PGA Tour but has won 4 times on the European Tour and has recorded two top 10 finishes in the World Golf Championships in 2014 and 2017 at the Bridgestone Invitational on the PGA Tour
A football fanatic who divides his loyalties between FC Copenhagen and Manchester United, Olesen lived up to his star billing by winning the Sicilian Open in his second season on The European Tour, aged 22. Also on the European Tour he produced four rounds in the 60s to win by one shot at Verdura Golf and Spa Resort, fulfilling the potential he showed on the Challenge Tour in 2010, when he finished third in the European rankings thanks largely to a victory in The Princess in Sweden. Also finished runner-up at the Alfred Dunhill Links Championship in October 2012.
- Represented Denmark at the 2013 World Cup of Golf at Royal Melbourne; partnered with fellow countryman Thomas Björn
- Formerly known as Jacob, but changed to use his middle name Thorbjørn as it is far less common.
- Professional World Cup 2011, 13 Seve Trophy 2013 (winners) Royal Trophy 2013 (winners) EURASIA CUP 2014
- 5 time winner on the PGA Tour
- Winner of the 2016 ISPS Handa World Cup in Melbourne, Australia.
- Competed in the Summer Olympics in Rio for Denmark.
- Winner of the 2014 ISPS Handa Perth International.