Born in Northern Ireland, Rory McIlroy is a four-time major champion. Rory joins some of the games greats by being one of the four players to win three major by the age of 25. McIlroy is also a former world number one holding the top rank on the tour for 95 weeks. Winning his first European Tour tournament in 2009, as a result of a US Open victory in 2011, and a win at the 2012 PGA championship, Rory became the youngest player to reach $10million in career earnings on the PGA Tour. Rory has represented Europe in Ryder Cup being a part of the winning team 3 out of 4 times. Highlights for Rory in 2017 include finishing in the top five in his first start of the 2016-17 PGA TOUR season, firing a 66 in the final round of the World Golf Championships-HSBC Champions to tie for fourth.
Rory is one of the largest earners in world sport with a large sponsorship deal with Nike.
McIlroy first played on the PGA Tour of Australasia in 2013 where he defeated Adam Scott in the final round of the Emirates Australian Open after going head-to-head on the final holes, McIlroy sunk his birdie putt on the 18th claiming the Emirates Australian Open Championship; Adam Scott bogeyed and missed out on the triple crown of golf that year.
- 13 PGA Tour Victories including 4 majors including his home Open at Royal Liverpool Golf Club.
- 13 European Tour Victories
- 9 International Victories including 8 on the European Tour.
- 4 times representative of Europe in Ryder Cup, Represented Ireland in World Cup twice.
- One of the highest earners in sport in terms of endorsements currently sponsered by Nike and recently signed with TaylorMade.
- Formed The Rory Foundation which supports charities around the world.
- Passionate Manchester United fan.
- Winner of 2013 Emirates Australian Open