Stuart has been a consistent champion over an extended period, winning a tournment in almost ever year from 1996 to 2006. He is a nine-time winner on the US PGA Tour, and just missed out on winning a major in 2001 when he lost in a four man play off against Steve Elkington, Thomas Levet and the eventual winner Ernie Els. He was a member of the International team at the Presidents Cup five times including the victorious team in 1998. Most recently he utilised his one time career money exemption to maintain his status on the PGA TOUR for the 2013 season. He finished high enough on the FedEx Cup to retain his status for the 2014 season.
Appleby's 2017 has been predominately played on the PGA Tour and the Web.Com Tour where he has recorded most notably a 6th place finish at El Bosque Mexico Championship and a T4 finish at the Barracuda Championship. Stuart has recorded 4 top 10 finishes in the Major championships.
- Eigth player to win in their first start on the Web.com Tour.
- Equal Runner Up at the 2001 Open Championship after losing in a four-man four-hole play off.
- Member of the International team of the Presidents Cup in 1998 (winners), 2000, 2003, 2005 & 2007.
- Represented Australia at the World Cup of Golf in 1996, 2003 and 2009.
- In 2010 he became the 5th player in history to shoot 59 in an official PGA TOUR event.
- 9 time winner on the PGA Tour