When you hear the name Sam Newman you think of legendary Geelong Football Club player and AFL Footy Show star, what you don't think of is golf tournament leader.
However over the past two days Newman has tamed the famed Huntingdale Golf Club sandbelt layout to lead the Victorian PGA Amateur Challenge.
Playing alongside big hitting Professional Steve Jones the pair has combined well to be 20-under the card in the 4BBB format.
Newman who is playing off a handicap of 11, contributed seven net birdies and two net eagles across the two days.
The pair lead the tournament by one shot from amateur Campbell Neal and Professional Matt Griffin.
Newman and Jones will tee off in the final round of the Victorian PGA Amateur Challenge at 7.36am playing alongside Ricky Ponting and Daniel Popovic who are 9-under the card.
Entry to Huntingdale Golf Club is free and spectators are welcome.
Headlines at a glance
- Back to School 06.12.2016
- Griffin's Order of Merit opportunities 04.12.2016
- HIGHLIGHTS: Final round of the #AusPGA 04.12.2016
- Varner ends home dominance of the Australian PGA Championship 04.12.2016
- Video: Allenby previews 12th at Royal Pines 04.12.2016
- Video: Coletta and Lyle recap day three 03.12.2016
Back to School
MyGolf is helping Heidelberg Golf Club secure its next generation of Club Members.
Griffin's Order of Merit opportunities
A long week, lots of calculations and a childhood dream.