Playing in his first event on the E-Z-GO PGA Legends Tour, Pettigrew has recorded two even par rounds to hold a one stroke lead over David Merriman (74, 71).
Playing in the early half of the draw, Pettigrew took advantage of the benign conditions getting to 2-under par through 12 holes.
Two late bogeys brought him back to the pack with five players within four shots of the lead including E-Z-GO Order of Merit leader Tim Elliott (72,75) and European Tour winner Peter O'Malley (76, 72).
Round one leader Paul Powell still remains in contention after a second round of 4-over 76.
PGA Tour Legends Co-coordinator Andy Rogers gave praise to the organisers
"I can't believe what a good job the club has done. It is great to see the whole community behind the event. The improvements to the course over the past twelve months have really enhanced the tournament," said Rogers.
The final round of the Australian PGA Seniors Championship is underway with 54 professionals surviving the 36 hole cut.
Headlines at a glance
- Back to School 06.12.2016
- Griffin's Order of Merit opportunities 04.12.2016
- HIGHLIGHTS: Final round of the #AusPGA 04.12.2016
- Varner ends home dominance of the Australian PGA Championship 04.12.2016
- Video: Allenby previews 12th at Royal Pines 04.12.2016
- Video: Coletta and Lyle recap day three 03.12.2016
Back to School
MyGolf is helping Heidelberg Golf Club secure its next generation of Club Members.
Griffin's Order of Merit opportunities
A long week, lots of calculations and a childhood dream.