The 2016 E-Z-GO PGA Legends Tour Qualifying School kicked off today on the Champions Course at Sandhurst in Victoria.
13 players are competing over 54 Holes for the chance to join the likes of Ian Baker-Finch, Rodger Davis, Peter Fowler and Mike Harwood on the 2016 tour.
Perry Parker of the US carded the best opening round, a 3-under-par 69 taking advantage of the ideal playing conditions. Perry is returning to Australia having competed on the PGA Tour of Australasia back in the 1990s.
Gary Bruyeres, an amateur from Queensland, is having his second attempt to qualify after narrowly missing out last year. Gary had a 1-under-par 71 to sit in second position, one shot ahead of Peter Harrington the Director of Coaching at Palm Meadows Golf Range on the Gold Coast.
Round 2 kicks off tomorrow at 8am and with only three qualifying positions available those currently outside the top 3 will have to make their move in order to have a chance on Friday.
Scores / 2016 Qualifying School leaderboard
Headlines at a glance
- Back to School 06.12.2016
- Griffin's Order of Merit opportunities 04.12.2016
- HIGHLIGHTS: Final round of the #AusPGA 04.12.2016
- Varner ends home dominance of the Australian PGA Championship 04.12.2016
- Video: Allenby previews 12th at Royal Pines 04.12.2016
- Video: Coletta and Lyle recap day three 03.12.2016
Back to School
MyGolf is helping Heidelberg Golf Club secure its next generation of Club Members.
Griffin's Order of Merit opportunities
A long week, lots of calculations and a childhood dream.