David Lutterus will lead a limited Australian contingent at the PGA Tour China's final event of the season as he tries to parlay a top-5 finish last week into another good showing at the Buick Open.
Lutterus was one of only five players to finish in red figures through 72 holes of the Phoenix Tree tournament on a brutally difficult golf course and will be hoping that form continues come Thursday.
Only six Australians take their place in the field for the final tournament of the season, Lutterus joined by Taylor Cooper, Mitch Davis, Peter Martin, Jack Munro and Jake Stirling.
Of those teeing up this week Lutterus is the highest on the Order of Merit though at 21st in earnings would be unable to break into the top-5 even with a win.
Max McCardle, who hasn't teed up in China since September, is the only Australian with a chance to finish in the top-10 as he holds down 10th place.
Rohan Blizard (12th) and Daniel Nisbet (13th) are the only other Australians who will finish inside the top-20.
Headlines at a glance
- Back to School 06.12.2016
- Griffin's Order of Merit opportunities 04.12.2016
- HIGHLIGHTS: Final round of the #AusPGA 04.12.2016
- Varner ends home dominance of the Australian PGA Championship 04.12.2016
- Video: Allenby previews 12th at Royal Pines 04.12.2016
- Video: Coletta and Lyle recap day three 03.12.2016
Back to School
MyGolf is helping Heidelberg Golf Club secure its next generation of Club Members.
Griffin's Order of Merit opportunities
A long week, lots of calculations and a childhood dream.