The South Australian entered the final round 6-under for the week and playing well but faltered in the final round, not making a single birdie and dropping four shots.
Particularly disappointing was a double bogey at the par-5 17th though there were plenty of positives to take form the rest of the week.
Lutterus was one of eight Australians to tee up in the Asian Tour event, Unho Park and Kevin Lee the only others to make the cut.
Park finished T45 at even par for the week while Lee was T62 at 7-over.
Kalem Richardson, David Gleeson, Marcus Both, Jordan Sherratt and Darren Tan all missed the weekend's action.
Headlines at a glance
- World Cup of Golf hospitality now on sale 25.05.2016
- Golf Trader - PGA Member David Fearns (Jnr) 25.05.2016
- Big Aussie assault at second Senior Major 25.05.2016
- McCardle, Wood to build on good China start 25.05.2016
- Strong Aussie contingent at Czech Challenge 25.05.2016
- Scrivener reaps rewards with Wentworth start 25.05.2016
Big Aussie assault at second Senior Major
Four Australians will be in the field for the year's second senior major which tees off this week in Michigan.
PGA Tour China
McCardle, Wood to build on good China start
After making good starts in the first event of the season to be in the top-10 on the PGA TOUR China Order of Merit, Max McCardle and Chris Wood will b...