Education and training designed for tournament Professionals
The PGA Bridging Program is operated by the PGA Academy and is designed as a golf-specific educational opportunity for current or former tournament professionals. Subject to successful completion of course requirements, candidates will be eligible for Full Vocational Membership of the PGA of Australia.
All components of the Bridging Program are designed to be fully completed over twenty-four (24) months, with students having a maximum of eighteen (18) months to complete academic components.
Nationally Recognised Qualifications
Graduates of the PGA Bridging Program are eligible for the following certifications and accreditations.
- Manage meetings
- Build and sustain an innovative work environment
- Customise coaching for athletes with specific needs
- Implement selection policies
- Implement a talent identification program
- Assist athletes to prevent and manage injury and illness
- Plan and implement high performance training and recovery programs
- Conduct individualised long term training programs
- Determine needs of client populations
- Promote compliance with laws and legal principles
- Manage projects
- Select and use technology for sport, fitness and recreation
- Manage organisational risks
- Manage finances within a budget
- Lead and manage people
- Fit and alter golf equipment
- Manage the structure and facilitation of golf competitions and tournaments
- Apply advanced skills, tactics and strategies of golf in high performance competition
- Teach the advanced skills of golf
- Apply the advanced tactics and strategies of golf
- Teach the advanced tactics and strategies of golf
- Design and implement strategies to increase junior participation in golf
- Manage on course golf operations
- Interpret and apply the rules of golf
- Vocational (level 3) Golf Coach Accreditation endorsed by the Australian Sports Commission
- Full Vocational Membership of the PGA of Australia
There are a number of compulsory components of the Bridging Program that contribute to the overall structure of the course:
- Training Schools - 3 schools (total of 11 days)
- Workplace placements - 600 hours in total – completed as 4 specific workplace placements:
Game Development placement
Small Business placement
- Training and Assessments items
2017 fees $6,500*
*cost subject to change without notice.
Bridging Program Eligibility
A specific credit system (approved by the Board of the PGA) is in place to determine eligibility for entry/application into the PGA Bridging Program. Bridging Program applicants must obtain a minimum total of five (5) credits to be considered for entry into the program. Credits for Bridging Program are obtained as follows;
- 1 credit for each year an applicant retains Full Member (Tournament) of the PGA of Australia.
- 1 credit for each year an applicant retains full playing rights/membership of a recognised worldwide professional golf tour
For further information please read the 2017 PGA Bridging Program Information, Structure and Eligibility Criteria.
The Professional Golfers Association of Australia Limited RTO ID: 22044
Enterprise Rent-a-Car proud to partner with the PGA of Australia
Enterprise Rent-a-Car Australia, today announced a new multi-year partnership with the PGA of Australia where they will become the Official Hire Car P...
PGA and GA announce joint venture
The Professional Golfers Association of Australia (PGA) and Golf Australia (GA) are pleased to advise of the commencement of a new initiative to reduc...